(Updated April 20, 2021)
A modified stay-home order is in effect for all counties where Alternative provides service. We have continued our operations with the following modifications:
- All in-person visits are suspended, unless the visit involves necessary assistance to an organization that is providing an essential service (such as a homeless shelter), or otherwise allowed to be open under the order.*
- We are available for remote support and will respond to email and phone calls during our regular business hours, 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. For after-hours technical emergencies, call our main number and follow the prompts.
- Our physical office in Berkeley is closed except for minimum business operations, and most staff are working from home.
We’re doing our best to provide as much support as possible to all our clients during this challenging time. We appreciate your patience, and we wish you the best in keeping your employees and family members healthy. We look forward to seeing you again in person as soon as it is safe to do so.
Please contact us in the usual ways:
- For the IT Services helpdesk, email email@example.com.
- For the Telecom/Cabling helpdesk, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All IT Managed Services clients, contact your dedicated account manager.
- Or call us at 510-848-4411.
* We may be able to make an in-person visit to your office to provide technical support in the following cases (and after you have signed our COVID-19 waiver and protocols for the safety of our technicians and your staff):
- Your organization or business is deemed “essential” or is otherwise allowed some level of operations during the stay home order. (see details by county here: https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/)
- You need on-site support to facilitate your employees working from home.
- You need on-site support to fulfill “minimum basic operations” of your organization or business.