Client Communications and Support Coordinator
WHO YOU ARE:
A smart, curious, caring people-person with the following qualities and skills:
- Appreciates and admires the work of nonprofits
- Able to prioritize some actions over others, and to shift priority and focus quickly
- Able to manage unexpected changes with agility, grace, and humor
- Able to maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor while being assertive
- Able to admit mistakes and comfortable asking questions
- Able to keep track of multiple projects with different timeframes and different components
- Able to laugh at frustrating situations
- Approaches challenges with a problem-solving mindset and a can-do attitude
- Delights in wrangling sprawling information into organized systems
- Takes pride in clear written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates outstanding time-management skills
- Relishes opportunities to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
- Is driven by a desire for personal excellence
We will give extra consideration to candidates with relevant experience, but it is not essential. A motivated, energetic, quick learner with seemingly-unrelated but transferable skills can be very successful in this job. Please let us know if you have experience with any of the following:
Dispatching, technical/IT support, project management, low-voltage wiring or other construction trades, ConnectWise or another ticket-generating program.
We value diversity in our workplace and strongly encourage people of color, women, members of the LGBT community, people returning to the workforce, and others not often seen in the IT/tech world to apply. We are looking for someone who has a real desire to work for a better world, the people-skills to be the public voice of our company, and the organizational skills to serve our customers beyond their expectations. If that sounds like you, then we want to work with you!
Please read the job requirements below, and then follow our application instructions exactly. Your attention to detail will show us that you are serious and that you will serve our customers well.
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE:
The Client Communications and Support Coordinator is an office-based admin position within our 15-person Telecom and Cabling Department, which includes field technicians, project managers, and helpdesk staff. You will spend most of your time communicating with customers and coworkers—over the phone and via email. You’ll answer phones, use our software to create tickets and assign them to co-workers, schedule field techs, email customers, talk customers through procedures and trouble-shooting steps, and manage a variety of simultaneous projects, including scheduling, confirming materials, communicating with customers and vendors, packing and shipping light equipment, creating and printing labels, and keeping careful and accurate records.
Our office team shares multiple responsibilities, and each person has an opportunity to become expert at one or more aspects of the job. The responsibilities of each individual generally shift over time to suit individual strengths and interests. Training for this position is provided on the job.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A lively, casual, distinctly non-corporate office atmosphere; fabulous, funny, hard-working co-workers dedicated to making the world a better place; a never-boring job with continuous opportunities for learning and growth; an opportunity to work closely every day with an incredible variety of organizations that are working passionately for a better world; free lunch on Fridays; a diverse array of hosted social activities throughout the year; starting salary of $40,000; generous benefits include paid vacation and sick leave; full medical and dental plans; long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance; and a 401(k) with company matching.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please write an introductory letter that includes answers to the questions below, and send it as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name and contact information in the body of the email. Put “Client Communications” in the subject line of the email. Please do not include your resume or CV, and do not attach anything. If we think you seem like a good fit, we will ask for your resume and references.
- Describe any experience you have had working or volunteering for a nonprofit.
- What are your short- and long-term career goals?
- What will be the key to your success in this position?
- What unique contribution will you make to our team?
Position open until filled. Early submission of application is highly encouraged!