Client Communications Coordinator (Short term)
WHO YOU ARE:
A smart, curious, caring people-person with the following qualities and skills:
- Appreciates and admires the work of nonprofits
- Proven ability to manage deadlines
- Possesses truly stellar customer service skills
- Able to prioritize some actions over others, able to shift priority and focus quickly
- Able to manage unexpected changes with agility and grace
- Able to maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor while being assertive
- Able to admit mistakes and comfortable asking questions
- Able to laugh at frustrating situations
- Approaches challenges with a problem-solving mindset and a can-do attitude
- Delights in wrangling sprawling information into organized systems
- Takes pride in clear written and verbal communication
- Relishes opportunities to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
- Is driven by a desire for personal excellence
- Fast learner, able to hit the ground running
We will give extra consideration to candidates with relevant experience, but it is not essential. A motivated, energetic, quick learner with seemingly-unrelated but transferable skills can be very successful in this job. Please let us know if you have experience with any of the following:
As a supervisor or manager, especially in food service or other fast-paced environment; telecom or other IT experience; dispatch experience; herding cats or other independent-minded animals; prior use of ConnectWise.
We value diversity in our workplace and strongly encourage people not often seen in the IT/tech world to apply. We are looking for someone who has a real desire to work for a better world, the people-skills to be the public voice of our company, and the technical and organizational skills to serve our customers beyond their expectations. If that sounds like you, then we want to work with you!
Please read the job requirements below, and then follow our application instructions exactly. Your attention to detail will show us that you are serious and that you will serve our customers well.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position (September-December), with the possibility of growth into a permanent, benefited position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE:
This is an admin position based in our Berkeley office, within our Telecom and Cabling Department, which includes field technicians, project managers, and helpdesk staff. You will spend most of your time communicating — over the phone, via email and Teams, and documenting your work. You’ll answer phones, use ConnectWise to create tickets and assign them to co-workers, schedule field techs, email customers. You will manage projects large and small, including scheduling techs, confirming materials, communicating with customers and vendors, packing and shipping light equipment, and keeping careful and accurate records, creating and printing labels, and other administrative tasks. Responsibilities may shift over time to suit individual strengths and interests. Training for this position is provided on the job.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A lively, casual, distinctly non-corporate office atmosphere; fabulous, funny, hard-working co-workers dedicated to making the world a better place; a never-boring job with continuous opportunities for learning and growth; an opportunity to work closely every day with an incredible variety of organizations that are working passionately for a better world; free lunch on Fridays. (Other benefits are offered for non-temporary positions.)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please write an introductory letter that includes answers to the questions below, and send it as an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name and contact information in the body of the email. Put “Client Communications” in the subject line of the email. Please do not include your resume or CV, and do not attach anything. If we think you seem like a good fit, we will ask for your resume and references.
- Describe any experience you have had working or volunteering for a nonprofit.
- Give an example of an experience when you have demonstrated time management with multiple overlapping timelines.
- Give an example of a job where you have demonstrated another quality or skill on the list under “who you are” above. Be as specific as possible about how your past experience will help you excel at this position.
- Tell us why this job appeals to you!
Position open until filled. Early submission of application is highly encouraged!
NO PHONE CALLS about this position, please.